Canon Edmund ‘Ned’ Murphy
“Canon Edmond Murphy died suddenly on 8 July 2012 at St Joseph's Home, Cotham, Bristol.
Canon Murphy was born in Dromin, County Limerick, Ireland in 1925. He studied for the priesthood at St John's College, Waterford and was ordained there on 6 June 1949.
When he arrived in the Clifton Diocese he served as Curate at St George's, Warminster; Corpus Christi, Weston-super-Mare; St Bernard's, Shirehampton Bristol and Holy Cross, Bedminster, Bristol.
In 1966 he was appointed Parish Priest at St Joseph, Langport. A year later he moved to St Teresa of Lisieux in Taunton.
1970 saw his arrival in St Lawrence, Chipping Sodbury, the parish he served until retirement in 2000 “
Taken from Clifton Diocese website
One of our parishioners has very kindly sent us a photograph taken, of Canon Murphy’s final resting place in Dromin, Co. Limerick, Republic of Ireland